Saturday, January 26, 2008

New Fabric & Sock Yarn!

So I ordered some fabric from Sew Mama Sew on Tuesday, and it has arrived! I'm so excited, I ordered some fabric for a lap quilt from Bend the Rules Sewing Isn't it beauteous? I just love it, I also ordered some assorted fabrics for no project in particular. I'm currently using the blue and green fabric for a tablecloth, and the rest perhaps napkins? Pillows? Another quilt? I don't have it earmarked, I bought it because it was so lovely I could not help myself!

The other EXCITING news is that I just received my first skein of yarn from the Rockin' Sock Club. Can I tell you? I did a happy dance all around the living room when I opened that delicious package! The yarn is so beautiful and soft and lovely, I cannot wait to start knitting up a pair of sockies! I even let the dogs sniff the emergency mini skein of yarn. They both liked the the skein so much they wanted to eat it! It's wonderful! I'd post a picture of it, but I'm not sure what the rules are as far as doing something like that since it's an exclusive colorway. I'll have to check. But in the mean time, I'll post a picture of the gloves I knit for my Faux Sister-in-law, S. Oh! I almost forgot, here's a pic of the package my fabric came in! Never mind that book in the background, I was looking at recipes when the Mail-woman came. I was so excited, I cracked that package open and plopped the fabric down for a pic!
Ok, off to knit! Have a happy weekend!

2 comments:

Barbara B. Solbrig said...

You have yourself some really great fabric! Trying to decide what to have fabric grow up into is as hard as deciding about yarn. I just got my sewing machine back from the shop (it has been out of working order for a couple of months:(!)and am really excited to see how it runs!

Anonymous said...

Love the mittens, yours are going swimmingly....