Monday, February 11, 2008

Engaged!

I'm sorry. I was a bad blogger last week. I have a good excuse, though....I got engaged! Ryan popped the question, twice! Here's the story:

We had our friends over to watch the “big game” with us and, after a loss by Ryan & J's team, Ryan began the clean up process while J&M left before any possible rioting would take place. After the clean up Ryan and I watched a little television and snuggled up on the couch together. In the midst of this television watching and chit chatting I looked up at him and told him that my hands looked old, that the palms are more full of lines than one of my friends who has a son Ryan's age. Well, he kept telling me that my hands did not look old and then he excused himself for a moment. When he came back he had two glasses of wine and sat down next to me and began telling me he loves me and that the people he has known with lines in their hands have always been good people, people that were always there to lend him a hand and help him, even though they didn't know how much they had been helping him, people that worked hard for what they had and were honest, good people. (Right then I knew he was leading to something, he kept putting his hand in pocket and looked nervous.)Then Ryan got up, walked around to the front of me and got down on one knee.He said "I don't have a lot of money, but would you marry me?" He cried, I laughed and told him that I, of course, would marry him! He looked so happy and said "Will you? Will you marry me?" "Yes! Yes, yes, of course I'll marry you!" And the rest of the night was spent celebrating!We opened the Champagne that Sarah and Kate gave us about a year ago and we just enjoyed the rest of the night. In fact, I called in late to work for Monday. Ryan gave me his signet ring that he received for his high school graduation and then he picked out an engagement ring that will actually fit my ring finger. Meanwhile I wore his signet ring on a necklace all week last week and Ryan gave me the engagement ring last night hen he took me out to dinner. He was so slick. He got me rambling on about candles and lighting candles and when he had me look to the back of the restaurant he put the ring on my bread plate. I turned back and went faffing on and on for about five minutes when I looked down and saw the ring. It's just beautiful. He propsed to me again (in a more casual way) and sl;ipped that beauty on my finger. He did such a wonderful job, and think I might be the only girl I know with two engagement rings. I love that guy!

7 comments:

Barbara B. Solbrig said...

Congrats!!! Hugs to you both!
(Do we get to see either of your engagment rings?)

Unknown said...

awwww i can't wait to see the ring. I am going to try to get to knitting tonight. Not sure how te roads are. Hope you can make it.

Also, I tagged you. Check out my blog to see what I mean and to play along.

Anonymous said...

Oh congratulations! That is wonderful news! I just got married, so I know how exciting the engagement period is. I am so excited for you.

In other news, I realise I completely suck as a swap partner. I got a bit overwhelmed in December and January, but I promise you will get a package from me with mittens in it and lots of other goodies to make up for my uselessness.

Congratulations again, and I'm sorry for taking so long with your mittens.

Mitten Pal

AlanaMarie said...

That is awesome!! Congrats to both of you!

Joan said...

Aw, shucks. Young love-adorable.

Huge congrats! ;-}

Cheryl said...

Congrats...how exciting!!!

Dog Mom said...

Congratulations!!! That's wonderful and I'm so happy for you. I must tell everyone on myspace to visit your blog to hear the story since you've abandoned us all over there! :)