Saturday, January 9, 2010

Plants

I started keeping plants this year, well last year, but towards the end, and have managed to keep five, yes FIVE plants alive. Which is a small miracle because plants never tell you when they need water, they just up and die on you. Stupid martyrs. So I have two ivys a creeping charlie, some hanging flowers and a Christmas cactus, currently blooming. I also pulled up some wild mint from the backyard and put it in a pot in the house. It's growing like mad, and I have no idea what to do with it! Connor voted for eating it right out of the pot. Well, not so much eating as pulling leaves off and sucking on them until something else catches his interest. I voted that suggestion down, so now I just need to figure out what to do with this out of control mint. Suggestions? While you're ruminating, I am going to go out and get some pots to replant the cactus and the flowers, they are quickly outgrowing their homes. Maybe I'll go to Annie's they have a sign luring me over there...something about having everything I need to make my own terrarium...

1 comment:

Dog Mom said...

Start cooking with the mint. Or tea. Mint tea. Hmmm. Maybe not. Anyway, whatever you do, don't give it too much room. Mint is an invasive plant and once it gets a foothold it's almost impossible to get rid of. Of course you already have it in the ground, so there's no worry there... I have some pineapple mint in a pot. I love the smell of it. It's hybernating for the winter. Along with everything else.