Sunday, February 25, 2007

So, lately I've been in this sort of funk. It was grey and cloudy, there was no sun, and the temperature alternated from "so cold cold I'm gonna die" to just "I think my face will fall off from the cold" cold. I grew up sort of all over, but mostly in Arizona and Florida...I'm used to sunshine and heat. (Although, in Arizona it does get cold, but nothing like up here.) I was feeling so crummy that I didn't even want to knit, or walk the Molly, or even snuggle with my guy! It was touch and go for a while there, I'd come home grumbling to Ry about how much I hated it here, and I just want to stop law school and go back to Florida or Arizona. Suddenly the humidity and hurricanes of Florida were forgotten. The scorpions and black widows of Arizona, a fading memory. All I could recall was the beautiful heat and sunshine. The beaches in Florida, the hikes in Tucson Mountain park. Riding my bike, swimming in the pools, wearing short sleeves...Oh! to be in the southern part of the U.S. again. Well, I woke up Friday morning and the sun was SHINING!!!! I looked again and saw that it had snowed the night before and it was still snowing, coating the trees and houses, it looked like powdered sugar had been dusted over everything. It was glorious. On my way home from work, it was the most beautiful sunset, orange and pink and gold. To top it all off, Ry & I had decided to make some pizza. We got some organic pizza dough & sauce, we chopped up some veggies and made some pizzas.



We had some good old-fashioned quality time together. We watched movies and I promised not to knit as long as he promised not to tune into the internet, and snuggled up together on the couch and watched The Prestige. I felt like I had come out of hibernation. My sour attitude was gone, and my funk had disappeared. Finally, the Seasonal Depressive Disorder is over, I feel like a normal human being again. Thank God!

No comments: