Monday, June 25, 2007

I'm baaaaaaack!

Well it's been a long time since I posted. In that time I took my finals; cast on and finished a sock only to realize that I should have done a gauge check because it didn't fit the foot it was intended for; I went to K’s graduation with Ry; Webs gianormous yarn sale; found out that after Mom’s cardiac angiogram, she collapsed, was treated by some incompetent doctors and nearly a week later was diagnosed with a hematoma and a psudoanuerism; Ry and I then traveled to Indiana to take care of Mom for Memorial Day Weekend because Little Brother went to Austria to visit Dad (to date, Mom is still not better); cast on and finished a shrug; cast on for another pair of socks (and knit about 2 inches); cast on for Wicked (and knit about an inch); gauge swatched for Simply Marilyn; gauge swatched for Thermal, and have been working; spending QT with Ry and playing with Molly.

So…I have pictures of the Mother’s day Gift (a pair of slippers), and some photos of the basket my Gramma made for me for Christmas…and of the shrug I finished. You'll have to wait to see them though, I don;t find any of them particularly flattering, so I have to re-shoot! I promise to post them ASAP, though. (Really, I mean it this time.)

Besides all of the above there have been some other developments in my life, one of them being the realization that I will have to take a year off of law school because I actually can’t afford to go! HA! Actually it’s rather depressing and I’ve sort of been cutting myself off from friends because I don’t want to talk about it. The other thing that has happened recently is that we’ve decided to get a second doggie. When school is in session, Molly is alone during the day and we both think it would be nice for Molly to have a friend. So we are currently looking at little brothers for her at the local shelters. We’ve decided not to get a puppy (they’re always the first adopted anyway), but a dog that is between 1 and 5 years old. I’m letting Ry make most of the decisions while maintaining veto power on names and breeds, although I don’t plan on exercising it unless he wants a Pitbull and wants to name it Muff. He’s never owned a dog or named a dog, or even trained a dog, so I think this’ll be a good experience for him! However we’ve decided to wait on getting one until we know if I’ll still be employed at the end of the month. (I’m temping and they’re interviewing for the position I’m in, but I’m scheduled for an interview…we’ll see, I guess.) If I am still employed it’ll be a nice raise and we’ll be all systems go on the new pooch! In other news, I have decided that I will be posting every weekend, even if it is just a quick brain dump. I'd like to really get going on the blog thing, but it sort of reminds me of a diary...and I have never been good with diaries, but I'm giving it the old college try!

No comments: